Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
About this Guide
This guide is intended to provide you with the resources needed to locate research materials related to locate information about UVM buildings and the contexts in which they were built. Use the tabs along the top to move through the guide and locate different types of information. If you have questions or need further assistance please get in touch with me.
Questions to ask as you do your research:
- What was going on at the time that the building was constructed?
- What were the big trends in education, architecture, and culture in general that may have influenced the construction of a particular building?
- What needs did the building fill?
- What debate surrounded the construction of the building?
- Who was the building named for and why?
Related Guides - Redstone Campus, Vermont Architectural Collections