Health Research Associates (HRA)
UVM Medical Center Nursing
Alice Stokes is a Library Associate Professor at the Dana Medical Library, University of Vermont. In her role as Research and Education Librarian, she serves as the liaison to clinical nursing at the University of Vermont Medical Center and to pre-clinical Medical Student Education at the Larner College of Medicine. She also manages the Health Research Associate program, serving rural hospitals throughout the state of Vermont.
• Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS), Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY
• BA in Environmental Studies, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT
Selected Scholarly & Creative Activity
• Stokes, A. (2022). Disruption of Library Services Due to Hospital Cyberattack: A Case Study.
Medical Reference Services Quarterly; 41(2):204-212.
• Long, S. and Stokes, A. Ransomware Attacks: What Medical Librarians Need to Know.
National Network of Libraries of Medicine Webinar. December 9, 2021. Online.
• Almader-Douglas, D., Malachowski, M., Marks, L. & Stokes, A. Librarians Supporting Nursing Scholarship.
National Network of Libraries of Medicine Webinar. March 28, 2019. Online.
• O’Malley, D., Stokes, A., Atwood, G., & Howell, L. Development of a mobile-friendly website to strengthen clinical decision making. Lightning presentation. Medical Library Association 2018 Annual Meeting, May 21, 2018, Atlanta, GA.
• Stokes, A., Light, J. & Haines, L. (2014). Library Support of Mobile Resources During Clinical Clerkships.
Medical Reference Services Quarterly, 33(2), 179-194. doi:10.1080/02763869.2014.897519
• Nichols, A., Billey, A., Spitzform, P., Stokes, A., & Tran, C. (2014). Kicking the Tires: A Usability Study of the Primo Discovery Tool.
Journal of Web Librarianship, 8(2), 172-195. doi:10.1080/19322909.2014.903133
• Stokes, A., Light, J. and Haines, L. & Pond, F. Access to Mobile Resources: How Does It Affect the Clerkship Experience?
Poster presented at the Medical Library Association (MLA) Annual Meeting, May 2013, Boston, MA.
• Medical Library Association (MLA)
• North Atlantic Health Sciences Libraries (NAHSL), Secretary
• American Library Association (ALA)
• Vermont Library Association (VLA)