Portions of the Burlington Free Press are indexed in various formats--bound volumes, card files, and online. These sources provide citations only. Full-text of the articles can be found on microfilm available on the second floor of Bailey/Howe Library. Full-text of the weekly edition is also available online at Chronicling America.
- 1827-1836 Card file, Special Collections
- 1848-1870 Bound volumes in Special Collections and Bailey/Howe 2nd floor, call number A121 .B86.
Note: This index covers the daily edition.
- 1871-1895 Card file, Special Collections
- 1896-1898 Card file, Special Collections
- 1950-1951 Card file, Special Collections
- 1959-1983 Card file, Special Collections and Microfilm, Bailey/Howe 2nd floor
- 1984-May 2009 Burlington Free Press / Rutland Herald Index
Tip: When you search with the UVM Libraries discovery tool, CATQuest, results will include citations from this index.