The library has many books containing primary source material. The instructions below will tell you how to find them. Check the other tabs on this Web guide for other ways to find primary sources.
1. Go to the Classic Library Catalog (http://voyager.uvm.edu) and click “Guided Keyword.”
2. In the first search box, type one or more keywords describing the event, person, or topic of interest.
3. In the second search box, type one or more of the following special subject heading words that are typically used to identify primary sources. You can use more than one of these, but if you do so, be sure the drop-down menu next to the search box says “any of these.”
early works [for this term, change the drop-down menu next to the search box to say "as a phrase"]
You can also search for materials written by key participants (people or organizations) in the events of interest:
1. In the Classic Library Catalog, click "Quick Search."
2. Type the author name in the search box, and change the drop-down menu to read "Author." (Use the search hints on the screen to properly enter the author name.)