Alan Howard, director of the Statistical Software Support and Consulting Services, offers statistical consultation and advice to the students and faculty of the University of Vermont. He is available for discussion at all stages of research, including:
- Power and sample-size calculations
- Sample selection
- Data management (formatting, coding, screening)
- Experimental design
- Survey design
- Creating graphs and tables
- Choice of statistical tests
- Interpretation and reporting of results
- Estimation or prediction
- Model selection
To schedule an appointment, please use the Request for Assistance Form. The office is located in 115 Bailey/Howe Library.
For information on statistical software packages, see Quantitative Analysis Software and Qualitative & Mixed Methods Analysis Software.