The library provides 2 interfaces to search the library catalog for books.
1) CATQuest is a search engine that provides information about, and access to a wide variety of materials from the UVM Libraries and beyond.
To search the Library Catalog using CATQuest:
- In the main search box on the library home page, click on: Advanced Search
- On the top of the Advanced Search screen, click the pull-down menu in the Search box (defaults to CATQuest) and select: Library Catalog
2) Classic Library Catalog is a search interface that searches books, journal titles (not articles), microfilm collections, audiovisual materials, and U.S. documents (1976->) owned by UVM.
- Use the Guided Keyword search option to search by topic for materials in the UVM Libraries.
** The most comprehensive resource for locating books is a database that UVM subscribes to, called WorldCat.
When using WorldCat and other larger catalogs of books, use Interlibrary Loan to order materials of importance to you, that we do not own. First, make sure it is something that you really need.