The library provides 2 interfaces to search the library catalog for books.
1) CATQuest is a search engine that provides information about, and access to a wide variety of materials from the UVM Libraries and beyond.
To search the Library Catalog using CATQuest:
- In the main search box on the library home page, click on: Advanced Search
- Click the pull-down menu in the Search box (defaults to CATQuest) and select: Library Catalog
- Type in your search terms.
- If you'd like to limit your search results to online books, on the left side of the Results page, under "Availability", click on: Online Resources and under "Resource Type", click on: Books.
2) Classic Library Catalog is a search interface that searches books, journal titles (not articles), microfilm collections, audiovisual materials, and U.S. documents (1976->) owned by UVM.
- Use the Guided Keyword search option to search by topic for materials in the UVM Libraries.
- You can limit to e-books by doing the following from the keyword search screen:
Enter your search terms.
Click the pull-down menu to limit by LOCATION --> select: E-Books.
NOTE: To access an e-book from off-campus, FIRST make sure you are set up for remote access to library resources(see instructions on right).